Welcome

Hello there, and welcome to Magda Row....

Mega Million Mom Jewels {In My Crown}


The things I do for these children.

Another disgusting job of a mom. That's what it was. 
At least that's what I told myself just now. 
But then, I realized there was more to it.

And some of you may laugh at this, but really,
once you hear about what I just did (and this is on a slow day), 
you'll understand. 

I wanted to vacuum the house this afternoon to prepare for Sabbath. 
Or at least just the downstairs!
Over the vacuum's roar, I yell to Maggie to pick up her doll house pieces and to Maddox to pick up the Lego pieces. 

Ugh.
Lego pieces. 
(I'm sure you're already starting to get the idea, aren't you?)

I'm happily cleaning and vacuuming while the two of them tell me they have finished their jobs. 
I slowly move into the sunroom where Maddox is sitting at their kids' table.
The room where he keeps half of his Legos on a shelf, or on the table, or most likely, on the floor. 
My eyes are sweeping the floor while I clean, because trust me, I don't want to vacuum up their toys either!

And then it happens.
I see a black plastic piece of something moving across the floor into the vacuum and hear a loud clattering sound. 

OOPS.

Guess who else hears it? 
Uh huh. The boy.

Sobs ensue. 
Begging.
Pleading.
Accusations of "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"
Me defending myself, although I know that little black piece was hidden on a black area of the rug. 

What do you do? 
He honestly had cleaned up every little piece except that one. He had tried his best. 
I had mercy on him. 

Now don't go thinking that I didn't do this with some anger, and maybe some lecturing, and some defensiveness over it being "all my fault." Because, I did. As always.

So there I went.
Hauling the vacuum outside. 
Opening that nasty bag of DEATH. 
(Are you aware of my phobia of hair & my horrible dusty allergy? Um, yeah.)
Dumping it all out on a trash bag. 
(Did I mention it was windy outside? Go ahead. Imagine that part, too.)
I was having no luck on the deck so I moved it all down to the patio to try and get away from the wind.
I started pawing through and shaking the big nasty clumps of death around.
WITH MY BARE HANDS.

And then I saw it.
A black piece of plastic. 

I grabbed it and then....

oooooooh, the disappointment.

IT. WASN'T. A. LEGO. PIECE. AT. ALL.

It was a black piece to a completely different toy that is completely unnecessary. 
Imagine my feelings at that point as I looked around the mess I had just created at the back of our house. I'm not even quite sure you can imagine it quite right because it was so disgusting, but I felt defeated.

And I was mad.
And then Maddox sort of giggled and said "Oh. It's just this. Whew!"

I had to close my eyes and look up at the heavens and say "Please Lord Jesus, help me."
I needed patience right then.
And he provided. 
This incident literally happened about 30 minutes ago and I'm already chuckling to myself.

So, today, after someone said that I must live under a rock because I asked what the heck Mega Million meant on everyone's Facebook posts today, I thought about it.

Yes, I do live under a rock. 
But I'm okay with that.
Because with the way my days go, I'm earning Mega Million jewels in my crown up in Heaven.
I'd rather have that than the $640 million I could win with a ticket.
(Although, I will not lie when I say that I wouldn't mind having that money in a heartbeat. Hello.)

So, the next time you're digging through your vacuum cleaner's dirty bag of stank nasty for one of your children, think of me. 
And think of Jesus up there chuckling at you. 
I guarantee you he's laughing and maybe adding a jewel to your crown, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment